Personal Information Changes

Change Permanent/Local Address

To update your Current, Permanent, and or Diploma Address in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system, please log onto your myNKU account and complete your address change online. Select Student Self Service - My Info - Change Address. Please note that updating your address may impact your fee assessment/residency status.

Change Name

To change your name in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system, you must bring your Picture ID (Drivers License or State issured ID card)  with your new name and supporting documents (Social Security Card, Court Documents...) to the appropriate office:

Graduate and Undergraduate Students:

Registrar's Office Service Center
Lucas Administrative Center Room 301
(859) 572-5556
Fax: (859) 572-6094

Law Students:

Chase College of Law 
Registrar's Office Nunn Hall Room 547
Fax: (859) 572-5352

A request to change your name in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system must be in person at the appropriate office or in writing using the following Name or Social Security Number Change Form via Fax to the appropriate office.

If you have not requested a name change with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new Social Security Card with the nearest Social Security Office. (Note: You will need to bring an original legal document reflecting your new name to support your request for the name change. Examples of accepted legal documents include a birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) Once you receive your new social security card, please bring it to the appropriate office.


Change Social Security Number

To change your Social Security Number in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system, you must bring your new Social Security Card and supporting documents (Picture ID, Court Documents...) along with the Name or Social Security Number Change Form to the appropriate office for Graduate and Undergraduate students or Law students (see above).

Student employees should go to the Human Resources office. Federal regulations require employers to validate that each employee's name on file exactly matches the name which appears on the individual's Social Security Card to ensure proper tax reporting.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call the appropriate office.

For additional information on how to apply for, replace, correct, or change your name on your Social Security Card, please visit the official website of the Social Security Administration.