Veterans Services - Helping You Maximize Your GI Bill or VA Education Benefit
Thank you for your Service!
Our Contact Information:
Click here to schedule an appointment with the Veterans Certification Coordinator.
Veteran Benefit Request Form is required for *all* veterans and dependents each semester they wish to have their enrollment certified with the VA. See the link to the left for the form.
This includes the following benefits:
Vocational Rehabilitation - CH 31
Post 9-11 GI Bill - CH 33
Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty - CH 30
Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve - CH 1606
Reserve Assistance Education Program (REAP) - CH 1607
Survivor/Dependent Education Assistance - CH 35
What Veteran Students Should Know:
V.E.T.S. means Veterans for Education and Transition Support, and it is a veteran led group in support of veterans. They provide a social group and support structure to help veterans adjust to civilian college life. They understand the unique factors facing our veteran students.
Activities include: conducting community service projects for veteran organizations and organize events to promote the integration of veterans into campus activities and college life.
Who can join and how?
· Any Northern Kentucky student, faculty member, alumni, veteran supporter, spouse, family member, and staff member can participate within the organization.
· Joining is simple, just attend one V.E.T.S. meeting and fill out an enrollment form. You will be added to the contact list upon completion of the form.
· The only criteria needed to join is the desire to help those who have served our country and protected our rights.
For information on the next scheduled meeting, contact Heather Schaffner.
Veterans Resource Station
The Veterans Resource Station is the ultimate resource for veterans and family members here on campus. Check out their website for more information.
How can they help?
· See the VRS to participate in the book borrowing program.
· They can work with you to provide the academic support you need to succeed in a class.
· They can connect you with valuable VA offices and resources (outside of education benefits).
· It is a welcoming place for veterans to relax and meet other veterans...and more.