Ordering an Undergraduate/Graduate Transcript
1. Ordering options:
Now - Transcript will be processed based on the current point and time in the semester (if you are currently enrolled and want your grades for the current term, see below).
After Grades - Transcript will be processed at the end of the semester after grades, honors and academic standing are applied. This may occur up to 2 weeks following the end of classes for the semester.
After Degree -Transcript will be processed after degrees have been applied. This may occur up to 6 weeks following the end of classes for the semester.
2. Transcript fee: NKU charges a fee for each transcript.
- Standard processing: $7.00 per copy (can take up the 15 business days).
- Rush processing: $3.00 additional fee (1-2 business days). Rush transcripts are sent via standard U.S. mail.
- All official transcript requests will be processed through the National Student Clearinghouse and all major credit cards will be accepted for payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
4. How to order:
- Current students: Log onto the MyNKU portal, click on “My Records” option in the toolbar and select the “Official Transcript” option.
- Former students (students who do not have myNKU access): Go to the Northern Kentucky University National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering site.
- Transcript Pick-up option: If you have selected “Hold for Pick up”, you will receive an e-mail notification when the order is ready for pick up. You must present a valid photo identification when you come to NKU to pick up your transcript.
- Third-Party pick-up option: Permission may be granted to a third-party to pick-up the official transcript. To authorize a third party, please include their full name in the “Special Instructions” section of the order. The third-party individual must present a valid photo identification to pick up the transcript.
5. Transcript holds:
- Transcript orders will be cancelled for any student who has an outstanding debt with NKU. You will be notified of this order cancellation via email. You will have to resubmit your order once your outstanding debt has been paid.
- Your credit card will not be charged if your order is cancelled.
6. Tracking your order:
- Transcript orders may be tracked through the National Student Clearinghouse by providing the order number and the email address provided in the order. Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website, select "Northern Kentucky University", then click "Submit", and track your order using the grey box on the right.
7. Holiday schedule:
- Transcripts are not processed or mailed when NKU is closed. You may order your transcript, however it will not be processed or mailed until staff returns. The following are the 2015 scheduled holidays for Northern Kentucky University.
Martin Luther King Day — Monday, January 19, 2015
Memorial Day — Monday, May 25, 2015
Independence Day — Friday, July 3, 2015
Labor Day — Monday, September 7, 2015
Thanksgiving — Thursday, November 26, 2015 & Friday, November 27, 2015
Holiday Break — Friday, December 25, 2015 returning Monday, January 4, 2016
8. Ordering a transcript from Salmon P. Chase College of Law:
- To request your official transcript, please visit the Salmon P. Chase College of Law Registrar’s Office.
- Valid photo identification is required when picking up transcripts in person.
Questions or concerns? Contact us:
Office of the University Registrar
Lucas Administrative Center 301
Highland Heights, KY 41099
fax (859) 572-6094