When to Order
- Transcript will be processed as soon as possible. To delay the transcript from being processed until your grades for the semester or degree is posted, please see the options below.
- Transcript will be processed at the end of the semester after grades, honors and academic standing are applied. This may occur up to 2 weeks following the end of classes for the semester.
- Transcript will be processed after degrees have been applied. This may occur up to 6 weeks following the end of classes for the semester.
How to Order
- Log onto the MyNKU portal, click on “My Records” option in the toolbar and select the “Official Transcript” option.
Former students (without access to myNKU):
- Go to the Northern Kentucky University National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering site.
Track Your Order
Transcript Process Tracking:
- Transcript processing time may be tracked through the National Student Clearinghouse by providing the order number and the email address provided in the order.
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website, select "Northern Kentucky University", then click "Submit", and track your order using the grey box on the right.
- Standard: Up to 15 business days
- Rush: 1-2 business days
- Note: Processing refers to the amount of time for a transcript to be processed in the Office of the University Registrar. Afterward, transcripts are shipped via U.S. Mail or held for pick up based on the delivery option chosen.
Transcript Pick-up option:
- If you have selected “Hold for Pick-up”, you will receive an e-mail notification when the order is ready for pick-up. You must present a valid photo identification when you come to NKU to pick-up your transcript.
Third-Party pick-up option:
- Permission may be granted to a third-party to pick-up the official transcript. To authorize a third-party, please include their full name in the “Special Instructions” section of the order. The third-party individual must present a valid photo identification to pick-up the transcript.
Fees for Processing
Transcript fee: NKU charges a fee for each transcript:
- Standard processing: $7.00 per copy (can take up the 15 business days).
- Rush processing: $10.00 per copy (1-2 business days).
- All transcripts are sent via standard U.S. mail.
Accepted Method of Payment
- All official transcript requests will be processed through the National Student Clearinghouse and all major credit cards will be accepted for payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
- Transcript orders will be canceled for any student who has a transcript hold with NKU. The National Student Clearinghouse will notify you of this order cancelation via email. For example, a hold could reflect an outstanding debt owed to NKU.
- You will need to place a new order once your transcript hold has been resolved.
- Your credit card will not be charged if your order is canceled.
- Transcripts are not processed or mailed when NKU is closed. You may order your transcript, however it will not be processed or mailed until staff returns.
Order transcripts from Salmon P. Chase College of Law:
- To request your official transcript, please visit the Salmon P. Chase College of Law Registrar’s Office.
- Valid photo identification is required when picking up transcripts in person.